Plans for Yard Room Allotment

Announcement has been made from the Bursar's office that blank application forms for the special assignment of rooms in Hollis, Holworthy and Stoughton to members of the Junior class will be ready February 14, and that the allotment will be made on February 20.

Upon the recommendation of the Resident Executive Board the corporation has continued this privilege of preference to Seniors in these buildings and has further stipulated that any men living in these buildings at present who will not be Seniors next fall must give up their rooms; but those men from 1909 who have rooms in these buildings now will be allowed to renew their leases. This insures the entire three buildings for Juniors, a very desirable situation attained now for the first time in the history of the Senior dormitory scheme. The Corporation has made this additional concession with the intention of giving the plan a fair and thorough trial; but there is not reason to believe the privilege will be renewed in case the present Junior class fails to fill the buildings.

In Holworthy, there are twenty-one rooms available. The rooms are arranged in double suites, two bed-rooms and a study, and are rented for $275. There are 30 rooms available in Hollis, the prices ranging from $115 to $170. These rooms are large double rooms, with hot and cold water and steam heat. In Stoughton there are 29 rooms to be allotted and the prices and equipment are the same as in Hollis. In all three buildings ther are shower baths on each floor.

Applications may be made in groups of four, three, or two students, with preference to groups of four. Single appliations will be considered for groups larger than four. A student may groups larger than four. A student may apply in a group of four and also in a group of two. Applications will not be considered unless the student has deposited with the Bursar a bind of $400, or has deposited there $50 in cash as security. Those men who have satisfied the Bursar's requirements by a cash deposit must increase their deposit before the allotment to cover the rent of the most expensive room on their application; otherwise their application will not be considered. Each student must sign hi own name to his application. Any lack of observance of these requirements on the part of any one name on an application blank affects all the applicants and the entire application will be thrown out