Fencing Tournament March 27 and 28

The intercollegiate Fencing Association voted at its annual meeting, held at the New York Athletic Club on Saturday, to hold the annual intercollegiate championship tournament on March 27 and 28 at the New York Athletic Club, and to hold the preliminaries on March 14.

In order to lessen the expenses of the teams, the league was divided geographically into Northern, Central and Southern sections, to hold their preliminary bouts at Boston, New York, and Philadelphia, respectively. The Northern division consists of Harvard, Yale, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology; the Central, of Princeton, West Point, and Columbia, and the Southern, of Cornell, Pennsylvania, and Annapolis. By this new scheme the two teams in each division making the best score in the preliminaries will compete in the semifinals of New York on March 27. The two teams making the lowest score will then be eliminated, and the remaining four will play a round-robin tournament in the finals on March 28, the team with the highest score winning the championship.

C. A. Bliss '08 and M. F. LaCroix '10 represented the University at the meeting.