First Hockey Practice in Stadium

On Saturday the University first and second hockey teams played a practice game in the first practice on the Stadium rink, which resulted at the end of two 10-minute periods in a score of 10 to 1 in favor of the first team. The play was fast and spirited in the first period, for the forwards followed the puck well and their passing was accurate. All the offense scored at least one goal, and the defense, although threatened but little, was strong. In the second period the forwards of the first team showed poor condition, and the team play was ragged. Toward the end of the practice, however, they renewed their former vigorous attack and by good team work several goals were scored. In this period A. Winsor '02, the head coach, made the only goal for the second team.

Dr. Goodridge '98 acted as referee and also coached the forwards, while M. H. Ivy '04 coached the defense. Several new candidates were in the line up.

The teams lined up as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Niles, Strauss, Butt Townsend, l.e.  r.e., Fraser-Campbell, Claflin Paine, r.c.  l.c., Field   l.c., Dutton, Lannahan, Brown, Winsor Newhall, Fraser-Campbell, r.e.  l.e., Dougherty Briggs, Foster, c.p.  c.p., Foster, S. Wagstaff Willetts, p.  p., Sampson Carpenter, g.  g., Washburn, Holloway

Practice for the University squad will be held in the Stadium today, weather permitting.