FOOTBALL WITH WILLIAMS

Hard Game Expected Against Heavy and Fast Team.--Cheering Section.

The University football team will play its fourth game this season against Williams in the Stadium this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Last year Williams was defeated by the score of 18 to 0. This year their team is composed of heavy line men and a fast backfield. Williams defeated Middlebury a week ago by the large score of 56 to 0, and the hardest game the University team has played so far is expected.

The same men who played in the Bates game last Wednesday will be in the line-up today. During the last two days of practice there has been considerable work on the forward pass, and Burr made some beautiful passes in yesterday's practice. D. C. Campbell '02, who arrived Thursday for a stay of three weeks, has already made considerable progress in coaching the ends, and there should be an improvement in their work.

The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. Harding, l.e.  r.e., Winter McKay, l.t.  r.t., Brooks Burr, l.g.  r.g., Page Nourse, c.  c., Morse Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Harter Fish, r.t.  l.t., Swain Crowley, r.e.  l.e., Pratt Cutler, q.b.  q.b., Williams Corbett, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Robb White, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Peterson Smith, f.b.  f.b., Brown

Cheering Section at the Game.

This afternoon a section of the Stadium will be roped off for cheering. Only holders of H. A. A. tickets and undergraduates holding season tickets will be admitted to this section.

Football Practice Yesterday.

In the practice yesterday afternoon the first team scored twice on the second eleven in a 10-minute scrimmage, Kennard dropping a pretty goal from the second's 28-yard line. After the first team had been dismissed, the University substitutes went in against the second for another 20-minute period.

In the first scrimmage, Burr kicked off to Minot, who ran the ball back to the 25-yard line. Page punted to the first team in the middle of the field, and Burr returned the ball to the second on the 25-yard line. The first eleven recovered a fumble and after Graydon had made seven yards through right tackle, Kennard went in and kicked a goal from the 28-yard line. After several plays, Fish recovered a fumbled forward pass on the 5-yard line and White went through centre for a touchdown. Cutler kicked the goal.

The line-up follows: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Harding, l.e.  r.e., Hall McKay, l.t.  r.t., Oveson Burr, Dunlap, l.g.  r.g., Philippbar Nourse, c.  c., Davis Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Blodgett Fish, r.t.  l.t., Peaman Crowley, r.e.  l.e., Long Cutler, q.b.  q.b., Davis Graydon, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Grosvenor White, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Page Smith, f.b.  f.b., Minot

Cheering Section at the Game.

Football Practice Yesterday.