DEMOCRATIC RALLY TONIGHT

Hon. Charles S. Hamlin Speaks at 8.--Open Only to Union Members.

Hon. Charles S. Hamlin '83 of Boston will speak on "The Tariff Question" in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The address, which is under the auspices of the Democratic Club, will be open only to members of the Union, and membership cards must be shown at the door.

Mr. Hamlin has been active in Democratic circles since 1887, and during President Cleveland's second administration was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury. He was special commissioner to Japan in 1897 and in the same year was American Envoy at the convention between Russia, Japan and the United States. Since that time he has been successively commissioner at the convention with Great Britain to decide the controversy in regard to seal fisheries, delegate to numerous national conventions, and the delegate of various bar organizations at international conventions. He lectured on government at the University during the years 1902 and 1903. He is the author of the "Index Digest of Interstate Commerce Laws," and of several statistical and financial pamphlets.

R. S. Hoar 1L., chairman of the national democratic sub-committee on college clubs, will make a speech preceding Mr. Hamlin's address. President Voigt of the Democratic Club will introduce the speakers.