SPRINGFIELD GAME AT 3

Visitors Play Open Game With Forward Pass.--Changes in Line-up.

The University football team will play its fifth game of the season with Springfield Training School in the Stadium at 3 o'clock this afternoon. Last year the University team won from Springfield only by the small score of 9 to 5, and narrowly escaped defeat. This year Springfield plays the same open game, and is particularly skillful with the forward pass. Springfield was defeated by Princeton on October 3 by the score of 17 to 0, and, although their line was weak, got off-some excellent passes, not failing once to secure the ball.

Browne, who has not played in the last two games on account of injuries, will play at left end today. Forchheimer, who has shown up well during the last week's practice, will play at fullback. Although he is new to the position, he starts fairly fast, and hits the line hard. The practice this week has been devoted to working up good defense, and the improvement should be apparent in today's game.

The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  SPRINGFIELD. G. Browne, l.e.  r.e., Hulek McKay, l.t.  r.t., Yeager Burr, l.g.  r.g., Moller Nourse, c.  c., Britts Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Delehanty Fish, r.t.  l.t., Martin Crowley, r.e.  l.e., Howard Cutler, q.b.  q.b., McCulloch White, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Winter Corbett, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Fallafa Forchheimer, f.b.  f.b., Colton

Cheering Section Again Today.

A section of the Stadium will be roped off for cheering as usual this afternoon. Only holders of H. A. A. tickets, and undergraduates holding season tickets will be admitted to this section.

Football Practice Yesterday.

The regular University team held only a light practice yesterday, consisting of punting by the backs and running through signals. Crowley and Browne ran down on punts, and D. C. Campbell '02 gave the substitute ends some special coaching. The University team was given practice in lining up quickly on defensive formations and then ran through signals for twenty-five minutes, the forward pass receiving particular attention. McGuire was in Burr's place at left guard, but otherwise the team was the same as that which will start the game today.

Cheering Section Again Today.

Football Practice Yesterday.