REPUBLICAN PARADE TONIGHT

Itinerary and Arrangements for Torchlight Procession in Boston.

The Harvard contingent of the Republican intercollegiate torchlight parade will leave Cambridge this evening promptly at 7.30 o'clock. The first division, led by a division marshal and Carmichael's band, will form between University Hall and Meyer Gate, between Holworthy and Thayer Halls. This will be followed by the second division, also led by a division marshal and headed by the University band, which will form on Cambridge street with its head at Meyer Gate. The parade will begin to form at 7 o'clock, and at 7.25 will march in column of fours in front of University Hall, where Captain Burr will give a short talk in regard to preserving order in the parade. After this the parade will march out through Johnson Gate across Harvard square, and down Massachusetts avenue to City Hall, where it is expected that Mayor Wardwell will review the procession. From here the members of the Harvard divisions will continue over Harvard Bridge to the corner of Beacon street and Massachusetts avenue, and will then turn to the left down Beacon street, until the head of the line reaches Arlington street, where the column will halt.

Promptly at 8.30 o'clock the whole parade will start from the corner of Beacon and Arlington streets. The route of parade will be as follows: up Beacon street past the State House, where the parade will be reviewed from the State House steps, down Park street to Tremont, to Boylston, to Huntington avenue, to Ruggles street, to Columbus avenue, and, turning to the left again, back to Massachusetts avenue, to Beacon street. The parade upon reaching Boylston street will swing to the left in order to avoid interrupting the street car service. This rule will also be observed on Columbus and Massachusetts avenues. When the parade is over the Harvard divisions will proceed up Massachusetts avenue over Harvard Bridge. The bridge will then be closed for ten minutes. Men remaining in Boston will be required to take off their caps and gowns and to deposit their torches in wagons which will be provided for that purpose. Assistant Chief Marshal J. A. Locke, Jr., '09, will have charge of the formation of the parade in Cambridge, and will be assisted by the following: A. G. Cable '09, first division marshal; assistant division marshals--W. M. Evarts '09, F. P. Farquhar '09, W. M. Rand '09, E. T. Wentworth '09, R. Douglas '12; E. P. Currier '09, second division marshal; assistant division marshals--R. M. Middlemass '09, W. F. Whitcher '09, O. G. Wood '09, W. W. Bodine '10, S. T. Hicks '10. The following have also been appointed assistant division marshals: R. M. Gardner '09, T. S. Sampson '09, E. C. Bacon '10, G. W. Hallowell '10, L. C. Seaverns '10.

There will be an important meeting in the Assembly Room of the Union today at 5 o'clock, at which it is imperative that the aides, whose names were given in yesterday's CRIMSON, together with the division marshals and assistant divi- sion marshals mentioned above, should be present. Badges and red-fire will be given out at this meeting and the instructions for forming the parade will be gone over. Each one of the red-fire aides must have obtained a red cap and gown before this meeting.

There are still 50 caps, gowns and torches, which may be obtained this morning at Holworthy 9 from 10 to 12 o'clock at $1 for each outfit.

B. S. Van Rensselaer '10 will be chief marshal. The following will act as assistant chief marshals: J. A. Locke, Jr., '09, L. K. Lunt '09, C. Turner, Institute of Technology. The following marshals will act as staff to the chief marshal; L. M. Arrowsmith '09, K. S. Cate '09, J. R. Gilman '09, N. Harrower '09, H. P. Peirce '09, H. S. Rand, Jr., '09, G. Swan '09, W. G. Wendell '09, C. Dunham '10, R. G. Munroe '10, T. J. Newbold '10, M. P. Prince '10, L. Wulsin '10, G. H. Bridgman, Institute of Technology. The North Shore Marching Clubs will be led by A. P. Loring, Jr., '09, division marshal, assisted by the following assistant division marshals: F. G. Jackson 2G., A. W. Anthony '09, A. S. Burnham '10, F. Ayer, Jr., '11, and S. Eliot '12