Federated Harvard Clubs Convention

The first convention of the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs will meet in Providence, November 20. The proceedings will begin with a luncheon given by the Harvard Club of Rhode Island. Afterwards there will be a business meeting at which addresses will be made by the presidents of the various clubs and representatives of the University. In the evening there will be a dinner at which President Eliot will speak on the "Harvard Clubs in New England." President Faunce of Brown University and Dean Briggs will also speak. The undergraduates now at Harvard from Providence will be asked to attend in a body.

The New England Federation was founded in March, 1906, when delegates from various New England Harvard Clubs met at President Eliot's house in Cambridge, on his invitation, for purposes of organization. The objects of the Federation are: To organize new, and strengthen existing, Harvard clubs; to bring Harvard graduates into closer relations with the University; to give them a larger voice in its affairs; and to furnish more students in the secondary schools with a knowledge of the opportunities that Harvard offers.

The Federation now includes the following clubs: Bangor, Boston, Connecticut, Connecticut Valley, Fall River, Fitchburg, Lawrence, Lowell, Maine, Rhode Island, and Worcester. The officers are: President, Charles T. Billings '84, of Lowell; Vice-President, Nathan Clifford '90, of Portland; Secretary and Treasurer, Frederick W. Aldred '00, of Providence.