Coy Changed Yale Defeat to Victory

The Yale football team defeated Princeton Saturday by a score of 11 to 6. As in last year's game Yale was out-played in the first half, making both touchdowns in the second. Princeton's only score was made in the first half by Tibbott, after two spectacular runs. During this half the ball was in Yale's territory the greater part of the time; and the nearest Yale got to Princeton's goal was the 13-yard line, where, a forward pass failing, the ball went to Princeton on downs.

In the second half Princeton at first continued to manifest a superiority in play, but as the game went on the team began to show the effects of the hard playing, and Coy's 35-yard run enabled Yale to secure its first touchdown. After this Coy was transferred from end to full-back, and as a result Yale was enabled to break through Princeton's defence again and again owing to his remarkable playing. The second touchdown for Yale was scored by Coy after gains of 25 and 10 yards. His work was the feature of the game, his individual playing enabling Yale to score. Tibbott also played remarkably well, keeping his feet in spite of the slippery ground and making long gains round the ends.

After the game R. C. Siegling '10 was elected captain of the Princeton team for next year. He has played tackle for two years. The summary follows: YALE.  PRINCETON. Haines, Logan, l.e.  r.e., Welch, Bishop Lilley, Hobbs, l.t.  r.t., Booth, Bamman Andrus, l.g.  r.g., Buckingham, MacFadyen Biddle, c.  c., MacFadyen, Cass, Clark Goebel, r.g.  l.g., Waller Brides, r.t.  l.t., Siegling Coy, Field, r.e.  l.e., Dowd Johnson, Bingham, Corey, q.b.  q.b., Dillon, Bergin Philbin, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Tibbott Wheaton, Murphy, Daly, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Read Field, Coy, f.b.  f.b., Dawson, Pfeiffer, McCrohan

Score--Yale, 11; Princeton, 6. Touchdowns--Coy, 2; Tibbott. Goals from touchdowns--Brides, Waller. Referee--J. P. Minds, U. of P. Umpire--J. B. Pendleton, Bowdoin. Field judge--E. K. Hall, Dartmouth. Head linesman--F. P. Young, Cornell, Time--35-minute halves.