Second Team Defeated Fort Warren

The Harvard second football team defeated Fort Warren in the Stadium, yesterday afternoon by the score of 22 to 0. Because of the wet field, and the darkness, the time of the game was cut down to one twenty-five minute half.

The Harvard eleven outplayed their opponents in every department of the game. They were able to gain through the line at will, and worked several perfect onside kicks and forward passes. Despite the wetness of the ball, there was little fumbling on either side. The first touchdown resulted from a long run by Page after receiving a punt. The ball was put over in one line-plunge from the 10-yard line. Shortly after, Page scored on a forty-yard run around right end. The try at goal failed.

The third touchdown came as the result of a series of line-plunges from the 30-yard line. Toward the end of the game, the second team scored on a fifty-yard run, after the recovering of an onside kick. In the last few minutes the Fort Warren team tried two drop-kicks, both of which were blocked. Time was then called.

The summary: HARVARD SECOND.  FORT WARREN. Long, Beard, l.e.  r.e., Smith Beaman, l.t.  r.t., Billings Blodgett, l.g.  r.g., Dunlap Dore, c.  c., Blum Philippbar, r.g.  l.g., Lynch Oveson, Bush, r.t.  l.t., McCaffery Cooper, r.e.  l.e., Marshall Crocker, Howard, q.b.  q.b., DeCoursey Page, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Streeter Burrage, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Crowley Marvin, f.b.  f.b. Gregg

Umpire--Mr. Kelleher. Referee--C. W. Short, 1G. Field judge--Lieut. Hinkel.