CLASS GAME A TIE, 0 TO 0

Seniors and Sophomores to Play Again for Championship Next Week.

The Senior and Sophomore football teams played a tie game yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field, the score being 0 to 0. The tie will be played off the first part of next week.

In the first half the teams were evenly matched and neither side was able to gain consistently. The Seniors out-played the Sophomores in the first part of the second half, but were in turn out-played later in the same period. The features of the game were long runs by Brooks and Dick. N. H. Foster and Floyd in the backfield and Park in the line did the best for the Sophomores, while Brooks and Hoffman excelled for the Seniors.

Both teams had opportunities to score in the first half. Floyd's punt from the Sophomores' 45-yard line was recovered on the Seniors' 35-yard line. From this point 1911 rushed the ball to the 20-yard line, where an unsuccessful forward pass gave the ball to the Seniors. Later Floyd punted to the Sophomores' 40-yard line, where Remick made a fair catch. Jones's attempt at a goal from placement fell short. At the end of the half the ball was in the Sophomores' possession on their own 20-yard line.

At the beginning of the second half the Seniors advanced from their own 15-yard line almost the whole length of the field, losing the ball on an unsuccessful forward pass on the Sophomores' 15-yard line. From this point 1911 worked the ball back to their opponents' 35-yard line, where the ball changed hands on downs. The Seniors later recovered a fumble on the Sophomores' 30-yard line and advanced the ball to the 10-yard line, where the Sophomores got possession of it as the half ended.

The summary: 1909.  1911. Sheip, l.e.  r.e., Lewis, Ellis Blanchard, l.t.  r.t., Webber Bowen, l.g.  r.g., Hann, Strong Allen, c.  c., Cotting, Ladd Jones, r.g.  l.g., Park Comstock, r.t.  l.t., Sohier, Kean Dana, r.e.  l.e., Bloom, King Cate, q.b.  q.b., Dick, Voshell Brooks, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Floyd, Heath Remick, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Burnham Hoffman, f.b.  f.b., N. H. Foster, R. C. Foster

Score--1909, 0; 1911, 0. Referee--P. C. Lockwood. Umpire--H. Watson '10. Field judge--G. Waterbury '10. Head linesman--D. Crocker '10.