1909 AND 1911 PLAY AGAIN

At 3.45.--Resume of Class Football Series.--Merits of Teams.

The Senior and Sophomore football teams will play off the tie for the upperclass championship on Soldiers Field at 3.45 o'clock this afternoon.

Since October 22, when the first call for upperclass football teams was issued, the squads have been practicing regularly. Several practice games between the different classes have been played, as it was impossible to arrange games with any outside teams. There has been no definite coaching for the teams, but former members of the University squad have assisted the captains of the respective teams. The first game of the series was played November 13, when the Seniors defeated the Juniors 6 to 0. On the following Monday the Sophomores were defeated by the Freshmen 10 to 0, and on last Wednesday the Freshmen gained the class championship by defeating the Seniors 21 to 0. The game to decide the possession of upperclass numerals was played last Thursday between the Seniors and Sophomores and neither side was able to score.

The two teams still appear to be very evenly matched. The Seniors have a very fast backfield which in the tie game rushed the ball from their own 15-yard line t their opponents' corresponding line. Brooks and Cate in the backfield and Comstock in the line play effective games for the Seniors. The Sophomore eleven have good team work but not individual stars. Their punting is extremely weak and they lost many yards on kicks in the tie game. The Sophomore will feel the loss of Johnson, quarterback and captain, who is ineligible, and of Dick who has injured his hand.

The officials this afternoon will be: referee--W. Peirce '08; umpire--H. E. Kersburg '07; field judge--G. Waterbury '10.

The teams will line up as follows: 1909.  1911. Sheip, l.e.  r.e., Lewis Blanchard, l.t.  r.t., Webber Bowen, l.g.  r.g., Hann Goepper, c.  c., Cotting Jones, r.g.  l.g., Park Comstock, r.t.  l.t., Kean Dana, r.e.  l.e., Bloom Cate, q.b.  q.b., Voshell Brooks, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Floyd Remick, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Burnham Hoffman, f.b.  f.., Foster