Neglect of the Union Trophy Room.

Communication

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

An interesting article and an editorial in the current issue of the Harvard Illustrated Magazine call our attention to the Trophy Room in the Union. It seems that the committee in charge is neglecting its duty. The Trophy Room, which is so rich in interesting relics of Harvard's early victories, contains hardly anything won in late years, though we have repeatedly beaten all our rivals in baseball, and have many Dartmouth, Brown and Carlisle footballs. Yet in the last five years only one cup and one banner have been added. Furthermore, we find that eight football trophies--among them that of our 1890 victory over Yale, the tarnished Ardsley Golf Cup, and several banners, including that won by the 1899 crew at New London--are hidden away in a dusty corner of the Gymnasium. These should surely be moved to the Union, and an investigation made as to what has happened to the trophies of our recent victories. We do not want to lose the 1908 Yale football through the carelessness of a committee. A. JUNIOR.