TWO SCRIMMAGES YESTERDAY

No Score With Second Team.--University and 1912 Each Scored Once.

The University football team played two separate scrimmages in the secret practice yesterday afternoon. The first period, against the second team resulted in no score. In the later scrimmage, with the Freshmen, both teams scored touchdowns.

The Freshmen received the kick-off and ran the ball back to the 45-yard line. On two tackle plays Campbell and Frothingham each made fifteen yards. On a successful onside kick the ball was advanced to the 20-yard line. After a series of line plays Winston made a touchdown, and Frothingham kicked the goal. The University team then received the kick-off, and White and Corbett went the length of the field for the second touchdown.

The University team played a good offensive game, but on the defence was extremely weak. Corbett's playing was a decided improvement, and white did some excellent line plunging. Withington improves every day in his new position at left guard.

The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  FRESHMEN. G. Browne, l.e.  r.e., Smith McKay, l.t.  r.t., Higginson Withington, l.g.  r.g., Strong Nourse, c.  c., Huntington Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Knapp Fish, r.t.  l.t., Dewey Crowley, r.e.  l.e., Paine Cutler, q.b.  q.b., Potter, Wigglesworth Corbett, Leslie, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Campbell White, Long, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Frothingham Ver Wiebe, Kennard, f.b.  f.b., Winston