MUSICAL CLUBS POP NIGHT

The pop night in the Union this evening will serve a double purpose. It will give a man an opportunity to idle away pleasantly an hour of the evening and it will give him a chance to see what the Musical Clubs really look like. It is by no means an exaggeration to say that a great many men in the University never know who's who in any of the musical clubs, under the regime where the clubs only appear in the dual concerts two or three times a year, in the Middle West during the Holidays, and perhaps, once in public performance in the spring. They should have a closer connection with the University than that and they can be used to better advantage.

There is apparently a slightly different policy being pursued this year in that respect, and the clubs have made arrangements to appear more frequently before the members of the University.

It was a wise move for the Musical Clubs not to attempt a trip this year during the Christmas vacation. Last winter, after a long and strenuous campaign, permission was secured to make a trip into the Middle West at Christmas time, but it was fairly well understood at the time that the granting of the privilege should by no means be considered a precedent for future organizations. The trip last year was a success in every way. Musically, the clubs were considerably above the average and the trip afforded a good opportunity for the graduates and others interested in Harvard in the communities they visited to hear them. It will be just as well to postpone another trip for a few years and to take advantage of the reputation thus earned. More than an occasional exploit of this nature is to be deplored.