Remarkable Milton Exhibit Continued

The collection of original and other early editions of Milton's works, which was placed on exhibition in the College Library yesterday in celebration of the three-hundredth anniversary of the poet's birth, will be open today and tomorrow to members of the University in the morning from 10 to 1 o'clock, and to the public each afternoon from 3 to 5.30 o'clock.

There are, in the collection of about 150 volumes on exhibition, two unique volumes. One is an autograph album in which Milton signed his name in Geneva on June 10, 1639, on his return from Italy; the other is Milton's copy of Pindar; which contains copious annotations in the poet's hand. Of the works in print, the rarest is perhaps a copy of the "Obsequies of John Kean," in which Milton's Lycidas first appeared. There is also a copy of the first printed collection of his poems, dated 1645. A copy of the second folio edition of Shakspere's works, which contains Milton's earliest printed work now extant, his lines on Shakspere has been loaned for the exhibit. The controversial tracts are represented by about 30 volumes. "Paradise Lost" is shown in a large number of editions beginning with two states of the first published in 1667 and 1669.