WILLIAMS WON BASKETBALL

Score, 35 to 16.--A Clean Game With Much Spectacular playing.

The Williams basketball team added to its string of successful home victories by defeating the University five at Willamstown on Saturday by the score of 35 to 16. From start to finish the game was the cleanest and most exciting that has been held between the University team and any opponent for some time. The spectacular playing of Brooks and Templeton, captains of their respective teams, was a feature. Both players shot baskets from the middle of the floor, and the goals scored by each team were made one after another in rapid succession. The team work of the Harvard players showed a distinct improvement, and, although few chances to score were offered, advantage was taken of every one.

Williams forged ahead from the start and at the end of the first half the score was 16 to 6 in their favor. In the second half, due chiefly to the fast work of the Williams guards, who kept the ball in the University team's territory most of the time, and to the heavy scoring of Austin, Williams totalled up 19 more points. In this half Almy was substituted for Scribner, who proved to be Harvard's weak point.

The summary: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. Scribner, Almy, r.f.  l.f., Watters Currie, l.f.  r.f., Austin Browne, c.  c., Horrax Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Templeton Brown, l.g.  r.g., Johnston

Score--Williams, 35; Harvard, 12. Goals from floor--Austin 6, Johnston 4, Templeton 3, Horrax 3, Brown 2, Brooks 2, Browne 2, Watters. Goals from fouls--Horrax. Referee--R. B. Hyatt, Yale. Timer--P. B. Francis '08. Time--20 minute halyes.