Cosmopolitan Club Organized

A Cosmopolitan Club was organized last night at a meeting in the Assembly Room of the Union as a result of a communication published in the Harvard Bulletin and of knowledge of similar organizations at Cornell, Michigan, Wisconsin and other universities.

The purposes of the organization are to draw the foreign students more closely into the life of the University and to provide them with social opportunities and conveniences which they, as strangers, can less readily find under present conditions. With this club the University will derive more benefit than at present from the large number of students representing the manners and customs, special abilities, opinions, feelings, and points of view characteristic of many foreign countries. The large foreign contingent at Harvard is an "asset" as yet incompletely realized by the University for its own advantage.

The following officers were elected for the remainder of the academic year: president, G. G. Glass '08, of Spokane, Washington; vice-presidents, E. F. Hanfstaengl '09, of Munich, Germany, and T. C. Yeh '09, of Sunkiang, China; secretary and treasurer, F. S. Montgomery '08, of Brooklyn, N. Y.; councillors, W. B. Munro '99, of Ontario, Canada, E. H. Wells '97, of Boston, Mass., and S. Fujioka '10, of Tokyo, Japan.