HARVARD MEETS YALE

Decisive Contest Tonight at New York for Hockey Championship.

In its final game of the season the University hockey team will play Yale at the St. Nicholas Rink, New York, this evening at 8.15 o'clock. Harvard and Yale are at present tied for the intercollegiate championship, and this game will be the deciding contest of the season. Both teams are in the best of condition for the game this evening.

In the first game of the season Yale defeated Columbia 10 to 1, and a week later defeated Dartmouth 9 to 3. Last Saturday Princeton was defeated in a close game 6 to 4, so that the Yale team has won every game of the intercollegiate schedule that it has played. It has also defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology 8 to 1, but has been defeated by the Crescent Athletic Club team by the score of 4 to 1. The team was handicapped at the beginning by the unfavorable weather conditions, but this handicap was somewhat offset by the team's accessibility to the St. Nicholas Rink.

Development of University Team.

The progress of the University team has also been retarded by lack of ice. The first three games of the season, as well as the games scheduled with Cornell and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, had to be cancelled. The team, however, has one of the best records that a University hockey team has ever established, having lost only one game this season, that with St. Paul's School, Concord, last Tuesday. In this game, however, Harvard was unable to present the regular line-up. The University team has won all the games played with colleges of the intercollegiate league, defeating Columbia 14 to 1, Princeton 6 to 2, and Dartmouth 10 to 3. Harvard has also defeated two of the leading Canadian colleges, Bishop's College of Canada 4 to 0, and McGill University 8 to 2. The Andover team has also been defeated, by the score of 6 to 0. HARVARD.  YALE. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Fels Hicks, l.c.  r.c., Driscoll Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Stanley Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Heron Ford, c.p.  c.p., Williams Willetts, p.  p., Thayer Washburn, g.  g., Howe

N. Y. A. C. Defeated, 2 to 1.

The University hockey team defeated the New York Athletic Club team last night at the St. Nicholas Rink by the score of 2 to 1. The goals were made by Rumsey and Newhall, while Gordon made the only score for New York. The play was fast, and the University forwards followed back well. The defense was strong, Willetts at point in particular stopping many hard shots at the goal. The University team played with the regular line-up.

Present Standing in Hockey League.

Following is the standing in the intercollegiate league: Harvard,  3  0  1.000 Yale.  3  0  1.000 Princeton,  1  3  .250 Dartmouth,  1  3  .250 Columbia,  1  3  .250

N. Y. A. C. Defeated, 2 to 1.

Present Standing in Hockey League.