DARTMOUTH WON BASKETBALL

By Score of 28 to 13.--Game With Princeton Tonight at Princeton.

The University basketball team was defeated by Dartmouth Saturday afternoon in the Hemenway Gymnasium by the score of 28 to 13. The game was hard fought and well played, with improvement in Harvard's defensive work. Brady's goal-shooting was the feature of the game, while Currie was the most successful of the Harvard team.

The University team scored first on a foul, but a goal for Dartmouth and another foul by Currier soon tied the score at 2 to 2. At this point S. Brown was injured and shortly after was replaced by Scribner. Dartmouth then scored two times in rapid succession and gained a lead that the University team could not overcome. The first half was very close and evenly contested, ending with the score 11 to 9 in Dartmouth's favor.

Both teams returned for the second half with the same line-up, and the game became faster and more exciting than at any time in the first half. Although Harvard's team-work was much better and its offense good, the men could not break up their opponents' strong defense. The Dartmouth players passed with more precision and forced the University team to resort to a defensive game, which the visiting team broke up continually as basket after basket was thrown. The game ended after Brady had made four goals in quick succession almost unaided, and with the score standing 28 to 13 in Dartmouth's favor.

The summary: HARVARD.  DARTMOUTH. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Morissey Allen, r.f.  l.f., Brady Wyman, c.  c., Lang S. Brown, Scribner, l.g.  r.g., Schildmiller Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Dingle

Score--Harvard, 13; Dartmouth, 28. Goals from floor--Brady 7, Lang 2, Morissey 2, Dingle, Schildmiller, Allen, Brooks, Currie. Goals from fouls--Currie 7, Brady 2. Fouls called--on Harvard, 7; on Dartmouth, 11. Referee--P. H. Hehir of Worcester. Timers--L. D. Cox '08 of Harvard, G. Brown of Dartmouth. Time--20-minute halves.

Team Left for Princeton Last Night.

The University team left for Princeton last evening at 5 o'clock via the Fall River boat to New York. The men will spend today at the Murray Hill Hotel and go to Princeton by train early this evening. They play their second game with Princeton at 8 o'clock tonight and return to Cambridge directly after the game.

The first game with Princeton this year was won by Harvard, 16 to 13. The chances this evening slightly favor the University team, as Princeton was defeated by Yale Saturday, 37 to 19, and on Wednesday by Pennsylvania, 37 to 17, while Yale only won from Harvard 10 to 9. It is probable that neither G. G. Browne '10 or S. H. Brown '10 will play, as both have slight injuries. The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Keys Allen, Scribner, r.f.  l.f., Meese

Wyman, c.  c., ClarkAlmy, Allen, l.g.  r.g., HalladayBrooks, r.g.  l.g., Rya

Team Left for Princeton Last Night.