Plans for Spring Track Carnival

The final arrangements for the second annual University track carnival, to be held on Saturday, March 7, at 2 o'clock have now been completed. The preliminary purpose of the carnival is to give all members of the University a chance to compete and the arrangements have been made accordingly. Tickets will be put on sale in a few days.

Besides interdormitory relay races, there will be the following events: 20-yard dash, handicap; rope climb, threelegged race, 16-pound shot-put, handicap; running high-jump, handicap; potatorace, wheelbarrow race, sack race, poleclimb, interclass tug of war, 45-yard high hurdle race, open to men who have never hurdled; 45-yard high hurdle race, handicap; pole-vault, handicap; and a 2-mile cross-country race, handicap. The hurdle races, cross-country race, and dormitory relay races will be run out of doors; the two former events will be run on the board track at Holmes Field.

Each team in the interdormitory relay races will be composed of six men, each of whom will run two laps, or 260 yards. The races will be run in heats of two teams each, and the team winning the final race will be entitled to hold for one year the trophy presented last year by the Track and Field Club, which is now held by the Holyoke street relay team. Cups will be awarded to the winners of first, second, and third places, respectively, in each event. A cup will be given to each member of the winning tug-of war team.