LAST YALE GAME TONIGHT

University Basketball Team to Play at New Haven This Evening.

In what promises to be the best game of the season the University basketball team will meet. Yale this evening at 7.30 o'clock in the Yale gymnasium. The Yale team is very strong, and the game should be close and exciting. The University team is lost the first game of the series in Mechanic Hall, Boston, by the Score of 10 to 9.

By defeating Princeton last Saturday, Yale secured third place in the intercollegiate league. They have been defeated in league in league games only three times this season, twice by Pennsylvania and once by a Columbia, 18 to 16. The team has defeated Cornell and Princeton twice, and Columbia once. During the Christmas vacation the team took an extensive trip through the South and Middle West, winning seven out of the twelve games played.

Review of Basketball Season.

The progress of the University team has been decidedly erratic. The season was begun with a victory, Technology being defeated in an extra-period game by the score of 22 to 20, but since then victories have been scarce. Captain Broun received an injury at the very be ginning of the season, which was so serious as to necessitate his resignation. The team has been further handicapped by another resignation. That of the Coach Burnham, who was forced to give up his duties owing to the development of unexpected complications in his business in the west. Since he gave up the position, H. V. Amberg 1L., centre of the last year's team, has supervised the coaching.

Since the first Yale game, the team has played Williams, Holy Cross, Brown, Andover, Dartmouth and Princeton. The defensive work of the team has been stronger on the whole than the offensive. The chief fault of the team has been the lack of any consistent team-play, which has offset the individual excellence of several of the men.

The game tonight is the last really important game of the season, the only other games being with west Point and Wesleyan.

Allen has sufficiently recovered from his injury to play, but S. Broun will be out of the game for the rest of the season. Wyman will play centre, and G. Browne left guard. Van Vleck and Clifford, two of Yale's Strongest players, who were kept out of the former game on account of conditions in studies, have been restored to full standing, and their return to the game will greatly enhance Yale's chances. A hard-fought game is expected, with the chances slightly favoring Yale.

The line-up: HARVARD.  YALE. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Wren Allen, r.f.  l.f., Clifford Wyman, c.  c., Van Vleck Browne, l.g.  r.g., Murphy Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Noyes