SPRING FOOTBALL PRACTICE

To be Held After Recess. Plans Outlined at Meeting In Union.

At a meeting of the football candidates last night in the Union, Coach P. D. Haughton '99, W. F. Garcelon L. '95, and Captain F. H. Burr '09 outlined the work for the season.

Coach Haughton and Captain Burr emphasized the fact that the football season had now begun, that every man should acquaint himself with next year's rules and keep up in his studies. Mr. Garcelon spoke of the necessary training, and especially recommended track work during the spring.

Spring practice will be held this year for the first time since 1906, beginning Monday, April 27, and continuing for two weeks. The work will be light, and will consist mainly in kicking practice. During the spring there will be informal weekly meetings, where the points of the game can be discussed and the coaches consulted. Next fall the old custom of holding competitions in punting and kicking will be renewed and cups offered.

Spring practice begins at New Haven on Wednesday, April 1, and ends Saturday, April 11.