Architecture Students to Give Play

The students of the Department of Architecture are to give this year, for the first time, a musical farce in three acts, entitled "The Mummy and the Lulu-Bird." The book and lyrics are by J. F. Hudnut '10, who will act as stage manager, and the music is by R. K. Fletcher '08. The manager is S. F. Kimball '09.

The central figure of the play is Rameses II, king of Egypt, who gives up his throne and consents to be put to sleep for three thousand years on condition that when he wakes he shall have the love of every girl on earth. His mummy case, discovered at the end of the allotted time by Professor Scarabs of Harvard, is brought to Cambridge and set up in Robinson Hall. A great reward is offered to whomever succeeds in opening it. After various attempts have failed the case is finally opened by Bob Matthews, a Harvard Junior, who needs the reward in order to gain the hand of Rose Windows, a beautiful Boston girl. She, however, immediately falls in love with Rameses, now released with all his fatal attractions. Not only Matthews, but all the other men in the comedy are soon bereft of their sweethearts and become no less anxious to get Rameses, back into his mummy case than they were before to get him out of it. By a clever ruse their efforts are finally successful and the play ends with the various couples happily reunited.

The performance will take place on May 11 in Brattle Hall. Tickets will not be placed on public sale, but will be allotted to members of the department for themselves and their friends. Any others desiring them may apply to S. F. Kimball '09, Perkins 12, enclosing subscriptions at $1 each.