Prof. Bury's Fourth Lecture at 8

Professor John B. Bury, M.A., Litt.D., LL.D., Regius Professor of History in the University of Cambridge, will deliver the fourth of his course of lectures on the "Greek Historians" in the Fogg Museum Lecture Room at 8 o'clock this evening. The topic of tonight's lecture will be "The Developments of Greek Historiology after Thucydides."

Professor Bury's works on "The Development of the Roman Empire in the East," his histories of the "Roman Empire from Augustus to Marcus Aurelius," and of "Greece to the Death of Alexander the Great" have won the highest praise as clear and comprehensive accounts, especially because of the author's absolute fairness and freedom from bias.

As an editor Professor Bury has been equally active. In addition to his "Hippolytus of Euripides," which was published before his graduation, he has edited, while fellow of Trinity College, excellent editions of "The Nemean and Isthmian Odes of Pindar, and as professor of Modern History, he has edited "Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" besides several of Freeman's Histories. He is also editor-in-chief of the historical series entitled "Foreign Statesmen."