Recent Appointments by Corporation

At a meeting of the Corporation held on Monday, March 23, Henry Churchill King, D.D., was appointed lecturer on the William Belden Noble Foundation for 1908-09. Doctor King is president of Oberlin College, from which he was graduated in 1879. He was awarded a Harvard degree of A.M. in 1883, and appointed Professor of Theology at Oberlin in 1891, Dean in 1901, and President in the following year. He is the author of Outline of Edmann's History of Philosophy," "Outline of Microcosmus of Hermann Lotze," "The Appeal of the Child," "Reconstructions of Theology," "Theology and the Social Consciousness," and also various pamphlets on Philosophy.

The following appointments were also made: George Foot Moore, D.D., L.L.D., acting curator of the Semitic Museum during the absence of the curator; Howard Levi Gray, Ph.D., instructor in History for the second half-year of 1908-09; Philip Haskell Sylvester, M.D., assistant in Pediatrics for the remainder of the current academic year; Raymond Berguer Johnson, A.B., assistant in English for the second half of the current academic year.