PROFESSOR ZUEBLIN'S MESSAGE.

Professor Zueblin's lectures are over, but their memory will long be with us. He has summed up and placed before us in a clear and tangible form the problems which, in a general sort of way, have long been foremost in our minds. He has touched every side of life in a straightforward and manly way, adding by his won personality an irresistible charm to the breadth of his absorbing subject. For an organized society he has made a special appeal, and we of Harvard can appreciate his earnest deprecation of its fragmentary nature. We have long appreciated it, as the CRIMSON has already pointed out, and have urged upon our doubting elders the advisability of class dormitories, class undertakings, and University "esprit de corps," as fostered by intercollegiate games.

Yesterday, in his characteristic way, Professor Zueblin put clearly before his audience what many have blunderingly tried to express. As we are thrilled by the nearness of those we love, one of the holiest of human emotions, just so are we thrilled by nearness to nature, by the first touch of spring, by contact with enthusiasm, and by witnessing even so trivial a thing as some great game. The attraction is born in us and we cling to it at all costs. For intercollegiate games it is but one of the arguments, but one which has been forcefully put.

We regret that Professor Zueblin's stay has been so short, for we appreciate the message he has brought us.