Track Carnival Entries Close at 6

The first trials for the dormitory relay teams were held yesterday on the board track on Holmes Field under the supervision of Coach Lathrop. As there is another trial today, it has not yet been decided what men will compose the replay teams for Saturday. A list of the times of all who took the trial will be posted in the Gymnasium in the order of their times, and from this list the captains of the dormitory teams will pick the six best men on each team. The entries for all events, as well as for the relay teams close tonight at 6 o'clock.

Three men, P. C. Haskell '08, F. S. Blanchard '10, and R. F. Hoyt '10, tied for the fastest time in yesterday's trials, running the two laps in 31 2-5 seconds. The record for the track at this distance, 260 yards, if 29 1-5 seconds, made by E. K. Merrihew '10 earlier in the season.

The teams will run Saturday in heats of two, except in the final heat when there will be the three teams which have made the fastest times. Teams will be matched according to the speed they have shown in the trials, in order that the best possible times may result.

Strength-tests will be required of all competitors who have not taken one since January 1, except those in the tug-of-war. Tests will be given at the Gymnasium today and tomorrow from 2 to 3.45.