SEN. BEVERIDGE IN UNION

Tonight at 8.--To Speak on "Obligations of American Public Life."

Senator Albert J. Beveridge of Indiana will speak in the Living Room of the Union tonight at 8 o'clock on "The Obligations of American Public Life." The lecture will be open only to members of the Union.

Although one of the younger men in the Senate, Senator Beveridge is considered one of its ablest speakers and legislators. On account of his close relations with the present administration, he is often looked upon as its spokesman in the Senate. He opened the last presidential campaign in 14 states for the Republican party, and took a trip a short time ago to the Philippines to investigate the conditions there.

Senator Beveridge's early life was one of privation, and it was only through his own efforts that he achieved his education. He was graduated from De Pauw University in 1885, where he made a name for himself in oratory. Entering a law office, he was soon admitted to the bar, and practiced law until his election in 1899 to the United States Senate, of which he was at that time the youngest member. He is the author of "The Russian Advance," "The Young Man and the World," "History of the Philippines," and has also contributed to many of the leading magazines.

The Indiana Club of Harvard will entertain Senator Beveridge at dinner this evening at 6.30 o'clock in the Trophy Room of the Union. There will be between 40 and 50 men present and a few short speeches will be made. Mr. Beveridge has been at his home in Indiana during the last few days. He will leave for Washington tomorrow to resume his duties in the Senate.