Prints and Engravings Exhibited at Medical School

An important and interesting exhibition of prints and engravings of famous physicians and surgeons has just been opened at the museum of the Medical School. Three distinct collections are represented, engravings, mezzo-tints, and other examples of reproductive work from the private collections of Dr. Walter G. Chase '82 and Dr. Ernest D. Young; also a large group of works contributed by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.

The last named collection came as a gift to the Medical School as a result of a visit paid by Dr. Chase to the Royal College of Surgeons in 1906. These prints number several hundred, and occupy the major portion of one end of the gallery of the museum. Among them are included likenesses of many of the famous physicians of the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries, besides many engravings of places associated with the history of medicine, such as the Middlesex Hospital, the Royal College of Surgeons, and Barber Surgeons Hall. Dr. Chase's and Dr. Young's collections are both very extensive and include many American as well as foreign celebrities.

These collections will be on exhibition for about five weeks and are open to the public.