1911 TRACK TEAM DEFEATED

At New Haven, 62 1-2 to 41 1-2.--Harvard 1911 Lost All Field Events.

On Saturday the Freshman track team was defeated by the Yale freshmen at New Haven by the decisive score of 62 1-2 to 41 1-2. As was predicted, Yale won all the field events and also took first place in the 100-yard dash, second and third in the 440-yard run, and all three places in the two-mile run, events in which Harvard was conceded a first, two seconds, and two third places. Yale secured eight first places to Harvard's five, seven seconds to Harvard's six, and eight thirds to Harvard's five.

The star of the meet was J. R. Kilpatrick, of Yale, who gave an excellent all-around exhibition. He won the 120-yard hurdles in 16 seconds, the hundred-yard dash, and the broad jump, and was second in the shot-put.

The best performances were made in the high hurdles, the 220-yard dash and the 440-yard run. First place in the high hurdles was won by Kilpatrick of Yale in the good time of 16 seconds. J. P. Long '11 finished 3 yards behind Kilpatrick, and O. M. Chadwick '11 was third.

The 220-yard dash was taken by R. C. Foster '11 in the creditable time of 22 2-5 seconds. W. M. Crysler '11 was second, and E. Bushnell of Yale secured third place. H. W. Kelley '11 ran the quarter-mile in 52 3-5 seconds. Yale won second and third places with W. P. Snyder and E. H. Rand.

The mile and half-mile were easily won by Captain Jaques of Harvard, the star of his team. In the former F. R. Mason and S. H. Tilson of Yale were second and third respectively. For the first lap and a half in the half-mile I. S. Kirjasoff of Yale led the field, but he was passed at this point by Jaques. J. Morrison '11 finished six inches behind Kirjasoff.

In the field events there were no exceptional performances. J. P. Long '11 and E. R. Dick '11 were second and third in the broad jump which Kilpatrick of Yale won. Williams of Yale won the high jump. C. O. Mueller '11 and S. A. Reed '11 tied for second. R. G. McKay '11 secured third place in the shotput. All three places in the pole-vault and in the hammer-throw went to Yale, as in the University meet on Soldiers Field.