LACROSSE TEAM CHAMPIONS

Won Deciding Loague Game from Hobart on Friday, 3 to 1.

The University Lacrosse team defeated Hobart on Friday afternoon in the Stadium, the score being 3 to 1. By this victory the University team won the championship of the Northern Inter-collegiate League, having defeated the two other members of the League, Cornell and Columbia.

The work of the University team was decidedly superior to that of Hobart, and only the excellent defense of Donnell, who played goal for Hobart, prevented Harvard from making a much larger score. Throughout the whole game the Hobart team was on the defensive, and the ball was only in Harvard's territory for a few moments, when Drummond made Hobart's single goal.

In the first half, Cobb scored during the first few minutes of play. Then followed Drummond's score for Hobart. The only other goal in this half came just before the end, when Sheip made a very long pass, which resulted in Harvard's second score.

The only goal in the second half came as the result of a fluke. Sheip was attempting to pass Cobb, when the ball bounded by the Hobart goalkeeper into the net.

The stick work and attack of the University team were very good. The team also displayed more speed than their opponents. Hobart, in general, limited itself to short passes, and did very little running with the ball. For Harvard, Cockran played the best defensive game, and Cobb, Sheip, and Vance the best offensive games. Riegel and Wells were the stars of the Hobart team.

The summary: HARVARD.  HOBADT Goepper, g.  g., Donnell Crandall, p.  i.h., Patch Thompson, c.p.  o.h., Drummond Cockran, 1d.  1a., Riegel Wentworth, 2d.  2a., Buckholz Downer, 3d.  3a., Durfee Alexander, c.  c., Profit Vance, 3a.  3d., Petrie Smith, 2a.  2d., Bellringer Sheip, 1a.  1d., Wells Cobb, o.h.  c.p., Richards Furber, i.h.  p., Dwinnell

Score-Harvard 3, Hobart 1. Goals-Sheip 2, Cobb, Drummond. Referee-Knipp of Johns Hopkins. Goal umpires-Thomas of Harvard, Somers of Hobart. Timers-Taylor of Hobart, Cox of Harvard. Time-35-minute halves.