Report of Fogg Art Museum

The annual report of the Fogg Art Museum has been issued by the director, Professor Charles H. Moore. Many additions have been received, among them being a painting attributed to Benozzo Gozzoli, given by Mr. E. W. Forbes '95; a copy by John Ruskin of a portion of the picture by Paolo Veronese of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, given by Professor C. E. Norton; a water-color drawing by J. M. W. Turner, purchased out of the Prichard fund; seventeen lead pencil drawings by Turner purchased from $1000 given by Mr. James Loeb '88, and a marble bust portrait of Professor C. E. Norton by Brenner, from the same donor; and a bronze medal in commemoration of President Eliot and the University, given by Mr. F. A. Delano '85.

There have been various accessions to the print collections, and 670 additions to the collection of photographs, including illustrations of Italian architecture and sculpture and works by the English Pre-Raphaelites. To the collection of slides 84 additions have been made, including illustrations of Greek sculpture, the discoveries at Delphi, and mosales in Ravenna. To the Museum library 37 volumes have been added by gift, purchase, and transfer from the University Library.