Elections to Governing Boards

Five new members of the Board of Overseers were chosen as the result of the Commencement elections. The table below shows the votes cast for the five men elected; J. D. Long '57 was added to the ticket after the postal ballot had been taken. Postal Vote  Com Vote Robert Grant '73,  1861  692 John D. Long '57,    769 William Rand, Jr., '88,  1236  630 John Collins Warren '63,  1713  540 Moses Williams '68  1466  589

On Commencement Day the following graduates were elected Directors of The Harvard Alumni Association to serve for one year:

Directors at Large--B. Joy Jeffries '54 of Boston; William Lawrence '71 of Boston; John Lowell '77 of Chestnut Hill; R. M. Saltonstall '80 of Chestnut Hill; Albert Thorndike '81 of Weston; H. L. Clark '87 of Philadelphia; Robert Homans '94 of Boston.

To represent the Harvard Clubs in New England--Nathan Clifford '90 of Portland, Me.

To represent the Harvard Club of New York City--Thomas W. Slocum '90.

To represent the Harvard Clubs outside of New England and New York City--George D. Markham '81 of St. Louis; F. A. Delano '85 of Chicago.

To represent the Faculty of Arts and Sciences--E. H. Wells '97 of Boston.