BASKETBALL WITH M. I. T.

University and Second Teams Play Tonight.--Tech. Has Strong Team.

The University basketball team will play the first game of its schedule with the Institute of Technology in the Gymnasium at 8 o'clock this evening. Admission to the game will be 50 cents, and season tickets admitting to the eight games played in Cambridge will be on sale at the door.

The development of the University team this season has been hindered by sickness and an injury to Captain Broun which will probably prevent his playing this evening. As yet no consistent team play has been shown and the basket-shooting has been very erratic. The forwards have a tendency to take long shots and pass poorly while Browne at centre runs with the ball too much. Brooks at guard frequently misses easy shots but his covering and passing are good.

Technology has won from Boston College, 71 to 8, but has been defeated by Dartmouth, 37 to 21, and by Worcester Polytechnic School, 18 to 17. The team is composed of experienced players and has proved to be a strong combination.

The teams will probably line up as follows: HARVARD.  TECHNOLOGY. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Cahill Allen, r.f.  l.f., Hargraves Browne, c.  c., Wentworth Almy, l.g.  r.g., Nichols Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Parker

Before the game and between the halves, the University second team will play the Technology second team.