Hockey Team Easily Beat Canucks

In a practice game in the Stadium yesterday afternoon, the University hockey team easily defeated a scrub team playing under the name of the Canucks by the score of 14 to 0. The Canucks are composed of men in the graduate and professional schools in the University who have been members of the hockey teams of several of the leading Canadian colleges. Although playing under the name of the Canucks, there are only two men on the team which played yesterday who are members of the Canucks team entered in the scrub series.

The University forwards worked well together, and had practically no difficulty in breaking up the opposing defence. The Canadian team, which had never played together before, showed very little concerted action, and the men, several of whom had not played hockey for two years, were in poor condition.

In the first part of the 25-minute period, the University forwards scored almost at will. Later in the period, however, the Canadians' defence strengthened, and the playing was more even although almost entirely in the opponents' territory.

The summary: HARVARD.  CANUCKS. Gardner, Ford, l.e.  r.e., Churchill Hicks, Briggs, l.c.  r.c., Mabee Morgan, r.c.  l.c., Wood, Leslie Hornblower, Paine, r.e.  l.e., Christy Ford, Foster, c.p.  c.p., McSweeney Willetts, p.  p., Fullerton Washburn, g.  g., Young, Robinson

Score--Harvard, 14; Canucks, 0. Goals--Hornblower 4, Hicks 3, Morgan 3, Ford 2, Briggs, Gardner. Referee--C. J. MacMillan 3G. Timekeeper--R. Haydock '10. Time--one 25-minute period.