LECTURE BY HON. O'CONNOR

In Union Living Room at 8.--"The Passing of the Old Ireland."

The Hon. T. P. O'Connor, M.P., will speak in the Living Room of the Union tonight at 8 o'clock on "The Passing of the Old Ireland." The lecture will be open only to members of the Union. Mr. O'Connor is one of the Irish members of the House of Commons and is therefore a powerful factor in the coming parliamentary election. In his fight for home rule for Ireland great expense must be incurred, and it is to get funds to carry on this election that he has come to America.

He is a man of 60 years and has had a brilliant career, rising from a newspaper reporter to the position he now holds. In 1870 he became an editor of the London Daily Telegraph and later became the publisher of three successful London papers. He began his parliamentary career, as a member from Galway in 1880, and this constituency has returned him at every election since then.

There are three great matters at issue before parliament at the next meeting: the budget, the House of Lords, and home rule for Ireland. When the first two questions are at issue, Ireland's 81 to 83 votes in parliament will have great weight.