LONG SECRET SCRIMMAGE

First Team Scored Four Touchdowns.--O'Flaherty Kicked Field Goal.

The University football team was given a long scrimmage during the secret practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon. The first team scored four touchdowns on the second and, in addition, O'Flaherty kicked a pretty field goal from a difficult angle on the 38-yard line. The work was fast and hard; at one time the second team was held for downs inside the first team's ten-yard line.

McKay was on the field and went through signal drill though he was not allowed to scrimmage. Leslie was in the scrimmage for the first time in nearly two weeks, while G. G. Browne was on the side lines. L. Withington was given a lay-off, but will be in the game again tomorrow.

The scrimmage commenced with the second team in possession of the ball in the middle of the field. After an exchange of punts, a long run by Frothingham put the ball on the second's 15-yard line where a fumble cost the first team possession of the ball. However, the ball was soon brought back and O'Flaherty kicked a pretty drop goal. The next two touchdowns were made on long runs, one by Perkins after he had picked up a blocked punt. Then the second, by recovering two fumbled punts, forced the first team almost to its own goal-line, where the first team took the ball on downs after a stubborn defence. The substitutes were sent in at this point and they were able to score but once. This last touchdown was made on straight football, the second team making a strong stand, for two plays, on its 5-yard line.

The line-up of the teams was as follows:

Team Leaves For New York Tomorrow.

The University team will leave Boston for New York on the one o'clock train tomorrow. Friday night it will stay at the Murray Hill Hotel, leaving New York for West Point on the 11.10 train Saturday morning. The game will be called at 2.45 o'clock. In the evening after the game the players will return, to New York and go to the theatre, returning to Boston Sunday morning on either the ten or one o'clock train.

The University second team will play Williston on Soldiers Field on Saturday. FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Houston, Sprague, l.e.  r.e., Clifford, Blanchard Hooper, Bush, l.t.  r.t., Pfaelzer, Coach Blagden, Goddard Perkins, Stow, l.g.  r.g., Blake, Vold, Estabrook P. Withington, Perkins, c.  c., Knapp R. T. Fisher, W. K. Blodgett, r.g.  l.g., E. W. Fisher Fish, Forster, r.t.  l.t., Coburn L. D. Smith, Rogers, r.e.  l.e., S. H. Brown, C. N. Browne O'Flaherty, Wigglesworth, q.b.  q.b., Merrill Frothingham, Leslie, Pierce, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Tryon, W. K. Page P. D. Smith, Huntington, r.h.b.  l.h.b., R. M. Page, Campbell Minot, Morrison, f.b.  f.b., E. S. Blodgett, McCabe