Volunteer Movement Convention

The sixth International Convention of the Student Volunteer Movement will be held in Rochester, New York, from December 29, 1909, to January 2, 1910.

The Purposes of the convention are to bring together at Rochester representative delegations of students and professors from all important institutions of higher learning in Canada and the United States, and leaders of the missionary enterprise, both at home and abroad, for helpful association and conference; to consider unitedly the world's evangelization; to gain inspiration and a vision of the missionary possibilities of the Church.

Addresses by the most able missionary speakers will be among the leading features of the convention. In these the different branches of missionary endeavor, educational, medical, and ministerial, will be set forth as well as the advantages of the different fields, Africa, China, Japan, and Turkey.

The conventions of the Student Volunteer Movement are held every fourth year. In 1906, when the meeting was held at Nashville, Tennessee, the number of delegates was 4,235, of which 34 were from the University. This year representatives are expected from no less than 700 universities, colleges, and other institutions of learning in the United States and Canada. The Harvard delegation will consist of 28 from the five departments of the University: the College, Law, Medical, Divinity, and Graduate Schools.

Special interest in the missionary work is manifested this year by the University on account of the fact that M. R. Edwards M.'08 is in China looking over the conditions in order to present a definite project on establishing a Harvard Mission there.