Freshmen Defeated by Andover 2-1

The Freshman association football team was defeated by Phillips Andover Academy at Andover Saturday afternoon by the score of 2 to 1. The Freshmen, however, did exceedingly well as the Andover team was the same team that played the University team last Wednesday, with the exception of one man. The field was very muddy making the play slow. In spite of the fact that the Freshmen were scored on twice their defensive play was better than Andover's while the latter excelled in offensive work. The game was evenly matched and well con- tested, Carnochan, Lowrey, and Greene playing well for Harvard while Kwan for Andover was the best man in the field.

The score of the first half was 1 to 1, Prince scoring first for Adnvoer on straight play while Harvard made its goal on a penalty kick by Greene. In the second half Andover succeeded in keeping the ball in Harvard's territory most of the time though they were unable to score until near the end of the game, so good was the Freshman defence. The deciding tally was made on a kick from the side of the field by Kwan which fell into the crowd of players in front of the goal-posts and was finally pushed through by Ogden of Andover.

The summary:

HARVARD 1913.  ANDOVEER.Noble, g.  g., WellsLowerey, r.f.b.  l.f.b., BushnellFowler, l.f.b.  r.f.b., DickeyEarle, r.h.b.  l.h.b., RileyKennard, c.h.b.  c.h.b., KwanBaldwin, l.h.b.  r.h.b., WellSteele, r.o.f.  l.o.f. OgdenNeedham, r.i.f.  l.i.f., PriceGreene, c,f,  c.f., ThompsonLawless, l.i.f.  r.i.f., ReynoldsCarnochan, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Loo