TRIANGULAR DEBATE TEAMS

Chosen Last Night.--Coolidge Prize Awarded H. von Kaltenborn '09.

The following men were chosen last evening to compose the University debating teams which will meet Yale and Princeton on March 26: T. M. Gregory '10, of Bordentown, N. J.; D. Haar Sp., of New York City; H. von Kaltenborn '09, of Madison, Wis.; I. K. Lewis 3L., of Rockland, Wis.; H. L. Loomis 3L., of Enterprise, O.; L. J. Whiteside 1L., of Evanston, III. G. I. Lewis 1L., of Wellington, New Zealand, and C. H. Raymond '10, of Fort Sam Houston, Tex., were chosen alternates. Each man made a 12-minute speech and gave a 5-minute rebuttal on the question, "Resolved, That commerce should be compelled to take out a federal charter."

The Coolidge Debating Prize was awarded to H. von Kaltenborn '09, who, it was decided, did the best work throughout the trials. In both delivery and manner of presentation, he far excelled all the other speakers.

The speeches in general were remarkable for the clearness of their arguments and for the their thorough treatment of a difficult subject. The delivery was unusually forceful, and yet was natural at the same time.