LEITER CUP BASEBALL GAMES

New System for Annual Scrub Series.--Two New Diamonds to be Made.

The Leiter Cup scrub baseball series will this year be conducted on a somewhat different basis from that of previous years. A league will be organized from those teams which qualify for the final round in a preliminary elimination tournament. The teams in the league will play a round-robin series for the championship. The object of this change is to insure opportunity for a larger number of teams playing more than one elimination game.

Cups will be awarded the members of the championship nine and a game with the University second team will be arranged. Two new diamonds will be built on Soldiers Field, making three in all at the disposal of the Leiter Cup series. Blue books will soon be placed in Leavitt & Peirce's in which teams may be enrolled.

T. S. Green '09 has been appointed manager, and F. R. Estabrook '10 and F. Ayer, Jr., '11 will act as assistants.

The rules of the series are as follows:

Rule 1. No team may have more than three men who received their class numerals in baseball in Freshman year, the University or second team letters, or letters from other colleges, and of these not more than one man who has received his University or college letter.

Rule II. Two balls, two masks, and a chest protector will be provided by the University management for each game. One ball may be obtained by each captain at the office of the Athletic Association in the Union before noon on the morning of the game. The masks and chest protectors may be obtained from the janitor of the Locker Building by signing a receipt, and must be returned immediately after the game. In case of default, the captains are expected to return the balls to the Athletic Office.

Rule III. The games shall be played under the National League rules.

Rule IV. The captains of the competing nines shall choose the umpn.

Rule V. If a complete nine from the regular list of a team does not appear within 15 minutes of the scheduled time it shall forfeit the game.

Rule VI. The captain of the winning team shall leave the score in the box at the CRIMSON office before 7 o'clock on the evening of the game, with the names of the players of both nines; otherwise the result will not be counted.

Rule VII. All protests must be left at the CRIMSON office before 9 o'clock on the day of the game in which they arise.