Performance of Classical Club Play

The Classical Club will give a dress rehearsal of "The Epitrepontes," a newly discovered Greek comedy by Menander, in the Common Room of Conant this evening at 8 o'clock. The performance will be open to all members of the University and of Radcliffe College. The play will also be presented on Wednesday evening at the home of Mr. Charles Peabody '90, 197 Brattle street.

The scene of the play is laid in Athens. The plot deals with the repudiation by Charisios of his wife Pamphile, who appears to have lost her love for him. Their deserted child is found by two slaves, Daos and Syriskos, who bring about a reconciliation by appealing to the parents.

The cast of the play is as follows: Smikrenes, father of Pamphile,  R. V. Cram 2G. Chairestratos, father of Charisios,  J. S. Martin 4G. Onesimos, slave of Charisios,  E. W. Friend '10 Syriskos, slave of Chairestratos,  S. B. Luce '09 Daos, a shepherd,  C. E. Whitmore '11 Habrotonon, a courtesan,  C. A. R. Sanborn 2G. Sophrone, nurse of Pamphile,  A. F. Allen '11 Charisios, husband of Pamphile,  S. H. Newhall 2G. Wife of Syriskos,  J. Van Horne 1G. Pamphile,  H. Wing '10