LECTURE BY PRESIDENT KING

On "The Claims of the Ministry Upon Strong Men."--A Plea for Church.

Rev. H. C. King, D.D., LL.D., president of Oberlin College, spoke last evening in the Assembly Room of the Union on "The Claims of the Ministry upon Strong Men."

The present generation has tremendous resources for good and evil, in its wealth and prosperity and in its advancement in knowledge. This generation needs to learn self-control, sense of law and order, and the value of a high ideal. Race prejudice must be wiped out, and the great field of psychological research must be directed. These are the calls of the present need for strong men in positions of responsibility.

The opportunities for the men who enter the ministry are equally great. Man is incorrigibly religious; religion is a part of him that cannot be shaken off; he cannot do without it. During the life of this generation the Church will have to show definite and practical results; a new test of efficiency will be required. In closing Mr. King emphasized the fact that the need and trend of the present generation show that the strongest men are called for; and that the opportunity is unmatched.