LACROSSE TEAM BROKE EVEN

Harvard Defeated Lehigh and Stevens Institute on southern Trip.

In its southern trip during the recess, the university lacrosse team played four games, two of which were victories. It defeated Lehigh and Stevens Institute, but lost to johns Hopkins and Annapolis.

The first game of the trip was lost to Johns Hopkins University on Saturday, April 17, but the decisive score of 11 to 1. On Wednesday, April 21, the team won from Lehigh at South Bethlehem, Pa., but the score of 4 to 3. Lehigh scored in less than half a minute after play started, but Harvard rallied strongly. The team spent Wednesday night in Philadelphia, and the next day played Annapolis at Annapolis. The Navy won, to 3. The first half of the game ended in a tie, but Annapolis completely outplayed Harvard in the second half. On Friday the team went to New York and on Saturday played Stevens on Stevens Field, Hoboken, winning by the score of 3 goals to 2. The game was closely contested, but fast play brought victory to the University team.

The Harvard line-up for the games was as follows: Goepper, g.,; Leavitt, p.; Estabrook, c.p.; Thompson, f.d.; Nash, s.d.; Cochrane, t.d.; Alexander, c.; S. Smith, t.s.; Beals, s.a.; R. P. Smith, f.a.; Sheip, o.h.; Dwelley, i.h.