Communication

A Freshman Class Album.

[We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest. The CRIMSON is not, however, responsible for the sentiments expressed in such communications as may be printed.]

In connection with the election of the next president of the Harvard Dining Association which is to be held tonight, will you kindly permit a former director to call to the notice of the members of the Hall some facts as to the relative qualifications of the two nominees for the office? The position is one of much responsibility. In previous years it has uniformly gone to some member of one of the graduate schools who had had previous experience as director. This year one of the nominees is a Junior who has not served as a director, and who may not return to College next year, when the major part of his term would have to be served. The other candidate is a member of the Graduate School who has for several years rendered conspicuous service on the board of directors and its principal committees. Many of the improvements in the conduct and equipment of the Hall in recent years have been mainly due to his careful and patient work. Would it not seem unfortunate to have this difficult business position go to a man of no previous experience, when there is opportunity to put in a man who has exceptional knowledge of the needs and possibilities of the Hall? 1L.