LATE CHANGES IN COURSES

New Arrangements Since Publication of Announcement of Courses.

English 24 hf., announced for 12 o'clock, in the first edition of the Elective Pamphlet, will be given on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, at 10 A.M.

German 22 hf. will be given on Thursdays at 3.30 P.M.

Comparative Literature 18, announced as a first half-year course, will be given in the second half-year.

Comparative Philology 2b hf. will be given on Tuesdays at 3.30 P.M.

History 8 hf., which was announced as a first half-year course, will be given in the second half-year.

History 9 will be given on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, at 11 A.M., instead of at 9 A.M.

History 38 hf., Byzantine History, Asst. Professor Ferguson, will be given in the first half-year on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1.30 P.M.

History 11b hf., History of England during the Stuart Period, and History 20f will be given in the second half year by Junior Professor Cross (University of Michigan).

History 17, General History of Russia, Professor Coolidge, becomes History 16 and will not be given next year; History 20h, France as a World-Power, becomes History 17, and is removed from the group, Courses of Research, to the group, Primarily for Graduates.

History 39 will not be given.

Government 9, Government 11, Government 27, Government 20b, and Government 20g will not be given.

Two new courses, Government 28 hf., Party History and the Organization of Political Parties in England, and Government 29 hf., The Development of Responsible Government in British Colonies, will be given in the first half-year by Mr. Edward Porritt.

A new course, Government 30 hf., Municipal Government in the United States, with Special Reference to Massachusetts Cities, will be given in the first half-year by Hon. Nathan Matthews.

A new course, Government 31 hf., The Psychological Conditions of Modern Government, will be given in the second half-year by Mr. Graham Wallas.

Government 4 will be given by Professor Macvane, and Government 15 will be given by Professor George G. Wilson (Brown University).

Owing to the absence of Professor Taussig, the following changes in the courses in Economics will be made:

Economics 1 will be conducted by Professors Bullock and Carver; Economics 2 will not be given; Economics 14a and 14b will be given as hitherto, but will be starred,--that is, may not be taken without the consent of the instructor; Economics 23 will not be given; Economics 4, which was announced to be given as a half-course only, in the first half-year, will be given as a full course, by Professor Ripley; Economics 9b, which was announced to be omitted, will be given; Economics 20d will not be given.

Philosophy 17, which was announced to be omitted, will be given; Philosophy 19 will not be given.

Social Ethics 4 hf., which was an- nounced as a second half-year course, will be given in the first half-year.

Two new courses in Social Ethics are announced for the second half-year,--Social Ethics 5 hf., The Moral Responsibilities of the Modern State, to be given by Dr. R. M. McConnell; and Social Ethics 6 hf., Social Amelioration in Europe, to be given by Dr. R. F. Foerster.

Chemistry 20g, a new course in Physical Chemistry, will be given by Asst. Professor G. P. Baxter.

Owing to the absence of Asst. Professor Love, Engineering 1e, 1a, 1b, and 1d will be conducted by Mr. W. J. Risley.

Owing to the resignation of Asst. Professor Cary, Forestry 6b, 9, 6a, and 6c will be given by Mr. I. W. Bailey.

Botany 1 hf. will be given by Asst. Professor W. J. L. V. Osterhout.

Geology C will not be given; a new course in Geology, Geology 10 hf., Geomorphology, will be given by Asst. Professor D. W. Johnson in the second half-year.

Geology 12, announced for Thursdays at 9 A.M., will be given at the convenience of Instructor and students.

Mining 28 hf. will be given by Mr. F. H. Lahee.

Owing to the resignation of Professor F. W. Putnam, Anthropology 20a will be given by Asst. Professor Dixon