Spanish War Memorial Subscriptions

The committee in charge of the Spanish War Memorial tablet which is to be placed in the Union has reported that it has received up to this time subscriptions amounting to $2,684. The tablet in place is to cost $3,000, and therefore $316 is needed to complete the work. There are doubtless many Harvard men who have not yet given to this fund who would like to do so. Subscriptions may be sent to Henry S. Thompson '99, Treasurer of the Union, 131 State street, Boston.

The memorial is to be placed over the centre door in the Living Room of the Union in memory of the eleven men out of the 389 graduates and undergraduates of Harvard entering the Spanish War who died as a result of their service. Mr. Bela Lyon Pratt, the well-known sculptor who designed the medal in honor of President Eliot, has completed the model for the tablet, and it is expected that the bronze will be finished very shortly. The committee in charge of the project is composed of Professor I. N. Hollis h.'99. M. Donald '99, H. S. Thompson '99, H. James, 2d, '99, L. K. Lunt '09.