USE IF LIBRARIES.

During the next month Gore Hall and the branch libraries in which text and reference books are kept for the service of students will be in more general use than in any other month except that preceding the final examinations. Each of these places of studious resort will be subject to an insistent demand for all the books used in the hundreds of courses that are on the examination list.

A realization on the part of all who use the libraries of the fact that these privileges are common to all, and a generous courtesy in the use of the privileges, will make study more agreeable for every one. For instance, the reading rooms are intended for workers, and loud talking or even whispered conversation disturbs those who want to work. Unreasonable demands on the time of the library employees, keeping books over the time limits, and selfish use of books from the open shelves, are other abuses which are especially objectionable at a busy time like the present. The co-operation of all in the observance of the library regulations will help to secure to each the privileges that are his due.