Fourth Annual Meeting of I. A. A.

The fourth annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Athletic Association of the United States was held at the Murray Hill Hotel, New York, on Tuesday, December 28. The principal discussion of the meeting, which was on the football rules, ended in the following resolution:

"Resolved, That the football rules committee of this association be instructed to use every possible endeavor to bring about such a modification of the rules as shall in their judgment tend to reduce to a minimum the dangers of physical injuries to the players and at the same time retain, so far as possible, the most desirable and wholesome features of the game."

On the nomination of the executive committee a representative football committee of seven was elected. For the guidance of this committee the two following resolutions were passed:

"First: To communicate with the representatives of Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Pennsylvania, Cornell, Annapolis and Chicago University, who constitute the committee that formed the football rules committee during 1905, and propose that the committee be amalgamated into one which shall formulate rules under which football shall be played during 1910.

"Second: If this amalgamation be not accomplished then the above named committee of seven shall proceed to formulate rules under which football shall be played by institutions enrolled in this association. "In this latter case, however, Harvard does not promise to be bound by the Association.

A resolution was also adopted calling for the appointment of a committee to draft a national code of track athletics.

Twelve new members were formally admitted to the association, including Harvard, Columbia, Brown, and Bates.